The Frog and Catfish restaurant and country inn accommodation is in rural Krabi. A beautiful location in one of the most beautiful regions in the World, to make the most of this environment and the local culture we have selected the best local tours for you to explore the area.
The Province of Krabi is blessed with a lush tropical landscape, marked by clear rivers running to a coastline of sandy beaches and islands fringed with coral reefs. Towering limestone cliffs punctuate the land and sea creating unique panoramas and some spectacular natural wonders.
The Frog and Catfish Restuarant and Country Inn is in Din Daeng Noi, a tiny country village about 15 minutes drive from Ao Nang. Our village has forested mountain views and we are only 2 kilometers from Thalane Bay and short boat trips to the secluded beaches and numerous islands of Krabi’s coastline and Phang Nga Bay.
Around the village you will see typical life in the country – agriculture in Krabi is predominantly palm oil and rubber.
We are close to the coast so fishing is also a major occupation, these men still using the traditional wooden long-tail boats.
There’s no shortage of activities to pass your time in our area:
- Boat trips to the local islands in Phang Nga bay: Koh Hong is the most popular.
- Kayaking in the pristine mangrove forest of Thalane Bay; home to water monitor lizards, and monkeys.
- Motorcycle or mountain bike tours on the quiet country lanes around the area to get a feel for the local way of life, visit temples and see some amazing views of cliffs and beaches.
- Relax and have a traditional thai massage in-house at The Frog and Catfish
- Hike to the top of the ‘Naga’s Peak’ in the nearby National Park; beautiful tropical forest and stunning views of Phang Nga bay and the Railey Peninsular.
- Visit Tha Pom a wonderful preserved area where natural springs and fresh water streams meet the sea at the edge of the mangrove forest. ‘Magically’ the tides change the colour of the water as the mix of fresh and salt water varies.
The small beach-side resort town of Ao Nang is only 15 minutes away so there is access to all the facilities you could need on your holiday. You can choose from an enormous range of organised tours; Elephant riding safari’s, day trips to the Phi Phi Islands, SCUBA diving, snorkelling, the list is long…